Dr. Ganesh Shivnani is a conspicuous cardiac surgeon famous all over India and abroad for his commendable work in the medical field. He is one of the rare cardiac surgeons to feature in LIMCA BOOK Of RECORDS 2012 & 2016 for performing most successful bypass surgeries.
He has featured in Limca Book of Records twice:
- First time in 2012, for performaing most successful bypass surgeries - 433 bypass surgeries without any death in hospital.
- He improvised in 2016 where he performed 446 surgeries without any death from Feburary 2013 to Feburary 2015.
With 6000 bypass surgeries in a career stretching close to 25 years, Dr. Shivnani has earned the respect of almost every cardiac surgeon practicing in India. Not only the bypass surgeries, his 100% success rate applies to valve repairs and replacements also. There are numerous reasons behind Dr. Ganesh Shivnani’s success. The one that tops the list is the hardcore training he received from the Premier Institute of India-Christian Medical College, Vellore. He pursued M.Ch in cardiac surgery from the same institute in 1994. In a professional career full of accomplishments, Dr. Shivnani has given countless lectures, attended copious national and international conferences. He possesses a vast knowledge base. On this basis he has presented many papers in national and international journals. Forthwith, Dr. Ganesh Shivnani is available at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi where he is working as a Chief Cardiac Surgeon.
Dr. Ganesh Shivnani holds the prestigious LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS for doing most successful coronary artery bypass surgeries (433 patients without any death from May 2009 to May 2011)
- Complicated and Complex Coronary artery bypass surgeries
- Valve Repair
- Valve Replacement
- Congenital heart surgeries – Atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Ventricular septal defects (VSD)
- Cardiac Tumors